Sunday, October 8th, 9:30 am - 4 pm at the Arnot State Forest in Cayuta, New York
A playful return and re-atunement to nature in the Arnot forest through yoga, nature games, contemplative awareness skills, and delicious and nutritious food. Spend a day in the Great Outdoors reconnecting with nature and your free and playful young spirit. Stretch your body and your breath with some basic yoga moves and learn about the land during a meditative walk in the forest in which you learn about the local plants. Meet new friends as you play games that foster a connection to your youthful self and to nature. It will be autumn in the Finger Lakes and the changing colors of the leaves will be spectacular. Here’s your chance to re-discover your Inner Wild Child by spending a day in a forest sanctuary, free from technology and in the company of nature!
Your day will consist of:
- Time spent in the Arnot Forest - 4200 acres of rolling hills, forest, grasslands, ponds, and streams - just a 20 minute drive from Ithaca, New York, an iconic town known as the Gateway to the Finger Lakes.
- A Yoga Eco-Hike: A morning yoga stretch combined with a hike through the forest in which we learn about some of the local plants and the ecology of the land, pause to breathe deeply, walk quietly and find a spot to sit and clear our minds. We call it forest-bathing!
- Healthy snacks and a lunch made from locally harvested produce.
- An afternoon of activities and games that re-connect you to your primitive and wild ways. We'll practice making fires, foraging for edible plants, play some good ol' fashioned camp games, support our new friends in safe and simple partner yoga poses and likely laugh a lot together.
- A parting activity to set your mind for further connections with nature and a playful attitude to life.
Your Nature Reset guides will be:
- Shimon Darwick - Shimon is a trained yoga instructor, health coach, and wilderness instructor. He dedicates his life to playful living, connection with the earth, and vitality through his business Joyfull Fitness.
- Astrid Jirka - Astrid delights in re-connecting people to a sense of peace and happiness through the practice of yoga and time spent in nature. She teaches yoga classes and organizes opportunities for people to take their yoga off the mat and into action, such as yoga eco-hikes, benefits for local causes, and overseas retreats. She is the owner of Vahana Yoga & Eco-Tours and runs the Yoga for the Earth project.
- Bring a yoga mat if you have one and something to carry it with or in.
- We suggest bringing a small backpack for water, any snacks, sun screen, bug spray, etc. Also, one convenient way to carry the yoga mat is to tuck it behind your back in the straps of the backpack.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather but also easy to move in.
- Bring a water bottle.
Directions - http://www.visitithaca.com/attractions/arnot-forest
Arnot Forest 611 County Rd. 13, Cayuta, NY(~ 30 minutes from downtown Ithaca)
We will send you more specific directions as the day approaches.
Rain plans: If it looks like it'll be pouring rain, we'll send an email to cancel the evening before. If it's just a little sprinkle, we may still go.
Cost = $75.00 (but noone will be turned away due to lack of funds)
To pay the full price via credit card, please click below to register.
To inquire about a reduced cost and/or pay by cash or check, please email Astrid at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are welcome!
Please Note: By participating on this nature reset experience you take full responsibility for your own health and safety. Neither Shimon Darwick, Joyfull Fitness, Astrid Jirka, nor Vahana Yoga & Eco-Tours, may be held liable in case of injury.